[PyKDE] eric3 install problem

walter waski2 at telus.net
Wed Jan 25 15:19:33 GMT 2006

hello,

I am trying to install eric3 on a ubuntu system

I have installed it with Synaptic, the built in ubuntu installer

I get the follwing error when I try to start eric 3

These errors come after I see the mascot splash screen

otyet at ubuntu:/usr/bin$ ./eric3
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "/usr/lib/site-python/eric3/eric3.py", line 147, in ?
   main()
 File "/usr/lib/site-python/eric3/eric3.py", line 132, in main
   mw = UserInterface(loc, splash)
 File "/usr/lib/site-python/eric3/UI/UserInterface.py", line 265, in
__init__
   self.sbv = SBVviewer(dbs, self.sbvDock, 1)
 File "/usr/lib/site-python/eric3/UI/SBVviewer.py", line 75, in __init__
   self.stackComboBox.sizePolicy().hasHeightForWidth()))
TypeError: argument 1 of QSizePolicy() has an invalid type
Segmentation fault

thanks for any help