[PyKDE] Using UI files in your app with PyQt4

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed Jan 25 00:32:34 GMT 2006

On 24.01.06 23:47:59, Torsten Marek wrote:
> Andreas Pakulat schrieb:

> >>Doesn't over here. At least my quick test failed. I have a QSpinBox and wanted
> >>to have a slot "on_upperspin_valueChanged(self, intValue)" autoconnected.
> >

> > Confirmed. But it works with other stuff (I have a radiobutton connected
> > to a slot)
> >

> >>However, it gets called with a QString, which is the other signal variant of
> >>QSpinBox. What do I have to do to make it work?
> >

> > Seems like a bug in pyuic4, but I don't have time to look into it ATM,
> > so we have to wait until Torsten comments.
>
> please see Phil's mail about that. However, there are several workarounds possible:
> - - name the arguments after the expected C++ types (possibly with a prefix)

surely with a prefix, as int is not a correct type name, is it?

> - - decorate the function with the signal definition

What do you mean with that?

> - - extend the naming convention of autoconnect slots (which breaks compatibility
> with Qt4/C++)

I don't think that we should do that, it will confuse people.

Now, I don't know much about python docstrings, but could we do it with
those (was that what you meant with your 2nd suggestion)? Like a special
line in the docstring that hold the type of the parameters in the order
they appear in the function signature?

Andreas

PS: Torsten I found at 2 bugs in current pyuic concerning custom wigets,
but I send out a separate mail on those

--
If your life was a horse, you'd have to shoot it.