[PyKDE] PyQt4 X BadWindow Error

Doug Bell dougb at bellz.org
Sun Jan 22 16:32:28 GMT 2006

Hi,

I have a PyQt4 program that writes the following error message to the
console when it exits (the id and serail numbers vary):

   X Error of failed request:  BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
   Major opcode of failed request:  18 (X_ChangeProperty)
   Resource id in failed request:  0x12003fd
   Serial number of failed request:  32039

It otherwise seems to operate normally.  The error message occurs only
when a modeless dialog window was opened during the session.

I haven't been able to localize the problem.  Commenting out most of the
details of the modeless dialog makes the problem intermittent, but it
does not go away.  And simple scripts that do a similar dialog don't
give the error message.

So I'm not sure whether this is a problem with PyQt, Qt, or something
else.  Any ideas are appreciated.

Thanks,
Doug.