[PyKDE] Segault > Bug in pyQT? (Or stupid me?) > solved

Michael Zimmermann mz-list at incunabulum.de
Fri Jan 20 08:56:30 GMT 2006

Phil Thompson wrote:

> No, sorry, there aren't enough clues in the backtrace to suggest a particular
> problem. You need to simplify your code to narrow it down.

Hi Phil,

it took me a while to reduce the problem down to something manageable
(see attached file).

What I found out is the folllowing:
- If I create a QDockWindow but do not dock it into one of the dock
areas but leave it floating the application quits without segfault.
- If the QDockWinwow is docked into a dockarea (either by the user or in
__init__) the application segfaults
- If I manually delete the QDockWindow instance in closeEvent, the
application quits without segfault.

So, the problem seems to be that the application segfaults with the
segfault posted if a DockWindow was / is docked into one of the
dockarea. Deleting the instance of the QDockWindow seems to solve the
problem for me.

Just thought I let you know. Don't know if this is something pyQt should
  handle or not :-)

--
cu,
    Michael