[PyKDE] porting qtdemo example

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Tue Jan 17 02:51:01 GMT 2006

On 17.01.06 01:00:11, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> Oh and the last thing: I'll also remove all the extra dicts/lists that
> currently are in the Launcher class and make that a list of
> category-dicts, where each dict has an item that itself is a list of
> example-dicts. I think this is more pythonic and the original qtdemo
> example was changed in a similar way for qt4.1.1 (thanks to David Boddie
> for pointing me at the snapshots).

Hmm, I started to really remove all and only have a categories object
containing all information accordingly. Unfortunately this would mean
writing a lot of code like this:

len(list(cat for cat in categories if 'ex1' in categories[cat]['examples']))

So question is: Is that too pythonic? I mean it looks really geekish,
but I don't think we want that, do we?

I'll delay this change until everything else is working and when I have
some more opinions on that.

Andreas

--
You will be surprised by a loud noise.