[PyKDE] A few issues with the 20060108 snapshots

Phil Thompson phil at riverbankcomputing.co.uk
Mon Jan 9 10:07:40 GMT 2006

On Monday 09 January 2006 6:36 am, Gerard Vermeulen wrote:
> (1) The following example shows two widgets: one with a working box layout
> and one with a broken box layout, while the code is practically identical.
>
> #!/usr/bin/env python
>
> # Demonstrates that PyQt4 breaks QVBoxLayout when it is the QLayout of a
> # QWidget which is returned from a function.

Thanks - will be fixed in tonight's snapshot. There is a
missing /TransferThis/ in the QVBoxLayout ctor which means that the layout
gets garbage collected when the function returns.

> (2) I may be doing something stupid but I really need to apply the
> following patch to build PyQwt for Qt-4 ( see also
>     http://mats.imk.fraunhofer.de/pipermail/pykde/2005-December/011764.html
> ):

I just haven't got round to fixing the bug yet. In fact I haven't done any
work on pyqtconfig - I'm surprised anything works.