[PyKDE] Adding Qt designer image files to py2app

Terry Jones tcj25 at cam.ac.uk
Sun Jan 1 11:41:00 GMT 2006

Apologies if this Mac-specific question is misdirected - the PyQtMac list
seems quite dead (and I've searched its archives). The pykde archives show
occasional Mac related questions, so here goes...

I have just started using Qt designer (still under Qt 3.3.4). I've made a
simple form, converted it to python via pyuic, and I can subclass it and
run it. But when I do, none of the images (visible in designer) appear. I
get messages

    QPixmap::fromMimeSource: Cannot find pixmap "filenew" in the mime source factory
    QPixmap::fromMimeSource: Cannot find pixmap "fileopen" in the mime source factory
    QPixmap::fromMimeSource: Cannot find pixmap "filesave" in the mime source factory
    QPixmap::fromMimeSource: Cannot find pixmap "print" in the mime source factory

I tried adding the image files (which are present in the directory where
I'm saving the designer forms) to my setup.py:

    data_files = [ ('images', ['images/filenew', 'images/fileopen', 'images/filesave', 'images/print']) ],

When I use py2app to build this, the image files are placed into
dist/mainform.app/Contents/Resources/images, but when I open the app, Qt is
still not finding them.

Can someone tell me what I should be doing here? Also, is the solution
different for Mac apps? I.e., should my setup.py place the images elsewhere
for linux, windows, etc?

Thanks for any help,
Terry