[PyKDE] Run program as root

Tina Isaksen tina at bestemselv.com
Wed Feb 15 11:30:09 GMT 2006

Tina Isaksen wrote:

>> Try running kdesu "ps auxww" to get a nice password request UI..
>>
>> Pete
>>
> Oh for crying out loud! Of course...
>
> "I wish I could see the woods but all those darn trees are in the
> way..." :P
>
> Thanks Pete!
>
> Tina

I was too quick it seems, or it still is too many trees obscuring the woods.

I set optimistically out to use 'kdesu' but that was easier said than
done. I looked at the PyKDE API reference and there it is actually
listed a 'kdesu' module, but the link gives a 404. Also the 'kdesu'
seems to be nonexcistent in PyKDE??

So I guess I'm left with using a shell script or something to start my
main program through 'kdesu'...

Or have I missed something essential... again? ;)

Tina