[PyKDE] Newbie: Initiate

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sat Feb 11 11:41:27 GMT 2006

On 11.02.06 04:05:59, Kuljo wrote:
> I'm learning to make python (2.4.2) pgms using QT-Designer
> (3.3.4)
> and KDE (3.4.3) and Kubuntu 5.10 Linux. Everything works
> fine though I could not find an appropriate tutorial for PyKDE.
> The problem I have: I would like perform some code at the
> very start
> of the program automatically, without having to push any
> button or so,
> like the __init__() in an ordinary python pgm.
> Where shall I put these codes?
> In the Comments of Form Settings? In the xxx.ui.h file?
> Please give me a hint or an example.

In your main script, normally you have something like

if __name__ == "__main__":

And there is the place to put the code. If you want to have something
done during the creation of some widget, create a form in designer and
subclass the resulting class and reimplement it's __init__ method.

Andreas

--
You have a deep interest in all that is artistic.