[PyKDE] What little detail am I missing?

Doug Bell dougb at bellz.org
Thu Feb 9 14:22:20 GMT 2006

Tina Isaksen wrote:
> Ok, an even simpler thing: Take the innput and print it in a terminal.
> And I can't even do that so I must be missing something so basic that
> it's probably redicilous. I have read examples, webpages etc and I just
> don't get it!!! :(

Tina, I think you're taking on too many new things at the same time.

I'd recommend putting aside the graphical interface for a while.  Start
by experimenting with terminal-based, pure Python programs.  The
tutorial on the Python website is a good place to start.

Once you're comfortable working with classes, methods and functions in
text-based programs, come back and give PyQt another try.

Hope this helps.
Doug.