[PyKDE] Re: pyuic and Access to QGridLayout

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Fri Feb 3 16:12:15 GMT 2006

On 03.02.06 15:57:24, Phil Thompson wrote:
> On Friday 03 February 2006 3:42 pm, Chad Brantly wrote:
> > > Hmm, I think this is a bug in pyuic, it should
> > >
> > > a) preserve the name of the layout
> > > b) create the GridLayout with the groupbox as parent, effectivly setting
> > > the layout for the groupbox.
> >
> > That is kind of what I thought.
> >
> > > Please report to Phil directly so he can fix pyuic.
> >
> > Andreas,
> >
> > Can you tell me how to contact Phil?  I thought that he wanted to be
> > contacted through this newsgroup.  Does he prefer to be emailed?
>
> Mailing list is fine - but send the ui file you are using. Also, first check
> that pyuic behaves differently to uic - otherwise it's not a bug and won't
> get changed.

pyuic behaves differently because uic adds a member variable to the
class that is created, only that this variable is protected.

uic in fact also creates the QGridLayout as child of the groupbox'
layout, but as there is a member variable storing the QGridLayout access
to it is easily possbile in C++ version.

Andreas

--
Your goose is cooked.
(Your current chick is burned up too!)