[PyKDE] Overriding protected member functions

Jeremy Sanders jeremy at jeremysanders.net
Sun Dec 31 15:35:07 GMT 2006

Is it possible to override protected member functions in PyQt classes? I
don't seem to be able to override the rowsInserted member of QTreeView in
PyQt4. I need to do this to automatically expand new rows inserted into
the tree by the model, e.g.

class ExpandedTreeView(qt4.QTreeView):

     def rowsInserted(self, parent, start, end):
         qt4.QTreeView.rowsInserted(self, parent, start, end)
         print "inserted"

"inserted" is never printed when I use this class instead of QTreeView.
Any ideas how to automatically expand new rows if I can do this?

Thanks

Jeremy

--
Jeremy Sanders <jeremy at jeremysanders.net>