[PyKDE] ElementTree in PyQt4 latest with py2exe not working

Bastian Salmela bastian.salmela at gmail.com
Wed Dec 20 09:08:37 GMT 2006

hi,
i've ran into problem and i was hoping it gets fixed in the newer version of
qt/pyqt but doesn't seem to go away. so any information how to make this
work would be highly appreciated.

problem: i'm writing application that uses uic.loadType() to load up user
interface. this all works fine when i'm launching my program from console,
but if i pack it for distribution with py2exe, i get couple of errors
running executable.

1) error saying the library.zip doesn't have proper path for widget-plugins.
this i fixed by replacing plugindir path in objcreator.py to point where
they actually are located.
plugindir = "c:\\Python25\\Lib\\site-packages\\PyQt4\\uic\\widget-plugins\\"
so that's fine now.

2) error saying "ImportErrror: No module named elementtree.ElementTree"
after checking source again i see pyQt4 seems to try many different way to
load this, and with Idle i found out the one that works, so I removed other
stuff and just added the line that works: "from
xml.etree.cElementTreeimport parse"

3) now there is no error about elementTree and it gets packed nicely..
things still work on commandline, but another error says now: "ImportError:
cannot import name parse"

this is where I'm stuck now.
i'm far from being pro, or even good python programmer, so i need help.
please is anyone know how to make this work, i would love to hear about it.
i need to get this program packed so i can distribute it at our workplace on
several computers.

p.s. i tried cxfreeze too, same errors.

thank you!

/me crosses fingers.