[PyKDE] Re: PyKDE-3.16.0, python-2.5, x86_64

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Thu Dec 14 18:49:18 GMT 2006

On Thursday 14 December 2006 05:32, Rex Dieter wrote:
> Rex Dieter wrote:
> > I'm having trouble getting PyKDE_3.16.0 to build against python-2.5 on
> > x86_64 arch.  Before I dig any deeper, has anyone else had any
> > success/failure doing the same?
>
> For completeness, here are the logs for the failed build:
> http://buildsys.fedoraproject.org/logs/fedora-development-extras/23309-PyKD
>E-3.16.0-5.fc7.1/x86_64/

The problem is with the Py_ssize_t type in Python 2.5

In an earlier post, Simon Edwards recommended this:

This email contains some recommendations for dealing with this:

http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2006-September/068944.html

Basically convert the ints to Py_ssize_t, and then typedef a Py_ssize_t for
compatibility with Python 2.4. Pretty straight forward.