[PyKDE] Using the Kate KPart from Python

Paul Giannaros ceruleanblaze at gmail.com
Wed Dec 6 18:07:40 GMT 2006

Hi,
How would you go about using a KatePart but getting some more fine-grained
control? I've got an editor widget up displaying in my KParts::MainWindow
use the part for functionality past the basic KPart functions (i.e
part.openURL). The examples on the kate-editor website
(http://kate-editor.org/article/embedding_katepart_in_your_application)
require you to import kate header files to cast to a KTextEditor::Document
and then a Kate::View. I can't see how i'd do something equivalent in PyKDE,
as I see no mention of the KTextEditor interface in the docs.

Is this at all possible?

Thanks,
Paul