[PyKDE] Designer qt4 plugins

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Thu Aug 17 09:46:49 BST 2006

On 17.08.06 07:06:43, Gudjon I. Gudjonsson wrote:
> > The place is right, but here the plugins work perfectly. One thing you
> > have to make sure is that your qwt5 plugin needs to be built in release
> > mode, else designer  (which is built in release mode in debian) cannot
> > load it.
> I did qmake-qt4 in the plugin directory (I took the plugin from the PyQwt5
> sources)

Then check the PyQwt5 project file that builds the plugin. It needs to
have CONFIG += release and probably also CONFIG -= debug, but not so
sure about the 2nd.

> > If you really can't see the qt3 support widgets and the others when
> > executing designer-qt4 then please report this as a bug to debian.
> I did run designer-qt4
>
> But since I don't find any of the modules, is it possible that they are hidden
> somewhere? Should they not be in the tools list?
> Sorry. The Arthur and qt3support and worldtimeclock plugins are there but I
> don't find the custom widgets nor the qwt widgets.

Is the analogclock there? It should be grouped together with the
worldtimeclock. Because analogclock is the widget that comes out of the
customwidgetplugin.

This now looks even more like the qwt5 plugin is built in debug mode.
Oh, and you need to make sure that the pyqwt5  libraries are accessible
for the linker. i.e. a ldd /path/to/qwt-plugin should show no missing
libraries.

Andreas

--
You will be imprisoned for contributing your time and skill to a bank robbery.