[PyKDE] Designer qt4 plugins

Gudjon I. Gudjonsson gudjon at mc2.chalmers.se
Thu Aug 17 07:52:11 BST 2006

Þann Fimmtudagur 17 ágúst 2006 00:14 skrifaði Andreas Pakulat:
> On 16.08.06 23:17:00, Gudjon I. Gudjonsson wrote:
> >    I do have problems with plugins in designer-qt4 in Debian. I was
> > trying to use qwt5 and installed
> > libqwt_designer_plugin.so
> > into
> > /usr/lib/qt4/plugins/designer/
> > but nothing appears. If I do
> > ls /usr/lib/qt4/plugins/designer/
> > I get
> > libarthurplugin.so
> > libcustomwidgetplugin.so
> > libqt3supportwidgets.so
> > libqwt_designer_plugin.so
> > libworldtimeclockplugin.so
> >
> > but I don't see any of the plugins in the designer so I don't think this
> > is my problem.

Thanks for the answer Andreas
> The place is right, but here the plugins work perfectly. One thing you
> have to make sure is that your qwt5 plugin needs to be built in release
> mode, else designer  (which is built in release mode in debian) cannot
> load it.
I did qmake-qt4 in the plugin directory (I took the plugin from the PyQwt5
sources)

> If you really can't see the qt3 support widgets and the others when
> executing designer-qt4 then please report this as a bug to debian.
I did run designer-qt4

But since I don't find any of the modules, is it possible that they are hidden
somewhere? Should they not be in the tools list?

/Gudjon