[PyKDE] PyKDE uses qt2 compat header

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Mon Apr 24 23:50:37 BST 2006

On Sunday 23 April 2006 05:28, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> Hi,
>
> the latest PyKDE snapshots includes qlist.h in various places, however
> this is a "deprecated" header file, the correct one to use is
> qptrlist.h (which is included from qlist.h). I stumbled over this because
> Debian has split the compatibility headers into a separate package which
> is not installed here. Would be cool to have this fixed as it's really
> only a sed 's/qlist.h/qptrlist.h/'

I only found 3 occurrences. Two appear to be obsolete %MappedTypes which are
no longer referenced anywhere else (deleted those) and the third I fixed. If
you find more, let me know

> Also I noticed a few warnings about inclusion of internal headers from
> KDE in the kdeprint-part.

Yes - there may be dependencies elsewhere in kdeprint that require these, but
I haven't checked. At any rate, the headers are included in the standard set
of headers KDE distributions provide (for example, in /opt/kde3/include on
SuSE - not just in kdelibs source), or they wouldn't get picked up
automatically (I don't provide the header files in question).

> And a few warnings about returning addresses
> from temporary objects:
> sip/kmdi/kmdichildfrm.sip: In function ‘PyObject*
> convertFrom_QDict_0500QWidget_FocusPolicy(void*, PyObject*)’:
> sip/kmdi/kmdichildfrm.sip:223: warning: taking address of temporary

There are lot more than that - also "possibly unitialized variable" warnings.
As far as I've checked out, the code is correct - I haven't tested these in a
while (haven't kept unit tests up to date), but I don't think they cause a
problem since all of the pointers are only used locally.

Jim