[PyKDE] Run-time error (Must construct a QApplication before a QPaintdevice)

Adam Tenderholt atenderholt at gmail.com
Fri Apr 21 00:52:48 BST 2006

> If these were self-written programs that might really be the case,
> however this is with the examples and I can't see any sign for improper
> QApplication initialization in bigtable.py or smalltable.py. I also
> don't think Phil has different versions of the examples for X11 and Mac
> so I'd say something in PyQt3 is going wrong on that Mac.

Right. I don't have any idea of where to begin looking for problems since
I'm not all that familiar with how sip and PyQt work. I noticed that if you
open up a python shell, import qt, create the QApplication(sys.argv ), and
then a QButton(), it's fine. However, if you do the same thing except create
a QTable() instead of a QButton, I get the  error message and the python
shell exits, almost like it segfaults.

I've also tested with sip-snapshot-20060418 and PyQt-snapshot-20060407, and
I get the same result.

Adam