[PyKDE] Painting with PyQt 3.x

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed Apr 12 17:08:55 BST 2006

On 12.04.06 17:35:24, Aurel (DustyDingo) W. wrote:
> I wondered why there aren't any QCanvas* classes in the python qt
> module. Did I miss something or is painting with PyQt 3.x impossible?

There is a separate module for the canvas stuff, called qtcanvas.

Also you could paint onto an ordinary QWidget.

> If it isn't possible with 3.x are the 4.x bindings ready for Arthur?

Note that the Canvas ported to Qt4 is not included in Qt4.1, it's a
separate tarball from TT. I don't think Phil has any support for that in
PyQt4.

As far as painting goes: Phil claims that PyQt4 supports Qt4.1, so I
guess you can use all the fancy new stuff like Gradients... with PyQt4.

Andreas

--
Your own qualities will help prevent your advancement in the world.