[PyKDE] QTimers on MacOSX?

Emanuele Santos emanuelesantos at gmail.com
Wed Apr 12 02:54:06 BST 2006

Ok, this is the problem

It seems that the python source is hardcoded to build only to ppc
architecture. So I did this:
Used the same command line Andy suggested and later edited the
generated Makefile changing the -arch_only ppc to -arch_only i386, so
it builds fine.
When I try installing as framework I got the following error:
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "./Mac/scripts/cachersrc.py", line 44, in ?
>     main()
>   File "./Mac/scripts/cachersrc.py", line 41, in main
>     os.path.walk(dir, handler, (verbose, force))
>   File "./Lib/posixpath.py", line 290, in walk
>     func(arg, top, names)
>   File "./Mac/scripts/cachersrc.py", line 23, in handler
>     macresource.open_pathname(os.path.join(dirname, fn),
> verbose=verbose)
>   File "/Users/csilva/Desktop/Python-2.4.3/Lib/plat-mac/
> macresource.py", line 93, in open_pathname
>     pathname = _decode(pathname, verbose=verbose)
>   File "/Users/csilva/Desktop/Python-2.4.3/Lib/plat-mac/
> macresource.py", line 145, in _decode
>     applesingle.decode(pathname, newpathname, resonly=1)
>   File "/Users/csilva/Desktop/Python-2.4.3/Lib/plat-mac/
> applesingle.py", line 122, in decode
>     as = AppleSingle(infile, verbose=verbose)
>   File "/Users/csilva/Desktop/Python-2.4.3/Lib/plat-mac/
> applesingle.py", line 58, in __init__
>     raise Error, "Unknown AppleSingle magic number 0x%8.8x" % (magic,)
> applesingle.Error: Unknown AppleSingle magic number 0x00160500
> make[1]: *** [installmacsubtree] Error 1
> make: *** [frameworkinstallmaclib] Error 2

However, running make install works fine. And PyQt4 also works fine
now. My problem now is with PyOpenGL. I know that this is not the
best place to start asking, but anyways, has anybody got PyOpenGL
built on an intel mac? Or found a suitable binary package?

Thanks

Emanuele.