[PyKDE] stricter signature checking in SIP breaks a lot of my projects

Phil Thompson phil at riverbankcomputing.co.uk
Sun Apr 9 11:29:44 BST 2006

On Sunday 09 April 2006 11:17 am, Gerard Vermeulen wrote:
> Phil,
>
> I get SIP error messages of the type:
>
> sip: QwtCompass::labelMap() has overloaded functions with the same Python
> signature SIP failed to generate the C++ code.
>
> where SIP complains about:
>
>     const QMap<double,QString>& labelMap() const;
>     QMap<double,QString>& labelMap();
>
> Is it up to me to remove the non-const version or will the next SIP
> snapshot do that for me?

You need to remove it - although you probably want to remove the const version
as SIP just casts const away anyway.

Note that the change is just a better check - the second version has always
been just dead code.

Also the change is on the trunk, not the SIP 4.4 maintenance branch so it
won't appear until 4.5.