[PyKDE] segfault in kdecore using dcop call

Miguel Angel Alvarez maacruz at gmail.com
Fri Apr 7 16:38:19 BST 2006

El Viernes, 7 de Abril de 2006 05:32, Ismail Donmez escribió:
> Cuma 7 Nisan 2006 03:36 tarihinde, Miguel Angel Alvarez şunları yazmıştı:
> > gdb output with PyKDE-snapshot20060122:
> > Reading in symbols
> > for
> > /usr/src/packages/BUILD/PyKDE-snapshot20060122/kdecore/sipkdecorecmodule.
> >cp p...const value length mismatch for '_ZNSs4nposE', got 8, expected
> > 0...done.
>
> Looks like you are not using the same compiler thats used for building KDE.
> That might be the problem.
The segfault happens no matter if I'm using SuSE's kdebindings3-python binary
package, or my own compiles.
I think it is some bug in pykde, note that type_ is a null pointer, and it is
used straight in dcop_add (QDataStream& s, int value, QCString& type_) to
compare against different constant strings. For some reason, when the
argument is bool, a null pointer is passed to the function instead of a
pointer to 'bool'

--
Don't see the world through a window, be open{source}minded, and be free :-)