[PyKDE] ANN: new eric3 snapshot released

jul j.vienne at libertysurf.fr
Tue Sep 27 19:14:13 BST 2005

>No, you didn't miss something. I forgot to mention, that eric3 wants to
>generate/modify the file sitecustomize.py on the very first installation.
>Therefore this very first installation must be done as root. Therafter, you
>can install as a normal user to whatever directory you like as long as you
>have write privileges.

Well, I'm not so sure.
I made a try but I obtain another permission error :

=======================
$ python install.py -b ~/bin -d ~/site-packages
Listing eric/icons/default ...
Listing eric/pixmaps ...

Installing eric3 ...
An internal error occured.  Please report all the output of the program,
including the following traceback, to eric-bugs at die-offenbachs.de.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "install.py", line 611, in ?
    main(sys.argv)
  File "install.py", line 588, in main
    installEric()
  File "install.py", line 250, in installEric
    cleanUp()
  File "install.py", line 194, in cleanUp
    os.remove(e3cfile)
OSError: [Errno 13] Permission denied:
'/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/eric3config.py'

Regards,
++
Jul.