[PyKDE] eric3 crash upon deleting selected line

Burkhard Doliwa doliwa at temf.tu-darmstadt.de
Tue Sep 27 11:01:51 BST 2005

Hi,

on my computer crashes of eric3 upon deleting a line produce the same
message as reported by Mike:

$ python D\:/Programme/Python24/Lib/site-packages/eric3/eric3.pyw

Warning: translation file 'qt_de'could not be loaded.
Using default.
Warning: translation file 'eric3_de'could not be loaded.
Using default.
Warning: translation file 'qscintilla_de'could not be loaded.
Using default.

********
Assertion [line < pdoc->LinesTotal()] failed at ..\src\Editor.cpp 1867
********

This assertion is located in the Qscintilla package, file Editor.cpp.
In QScintilla 1.65, it is in line 1905. Obviously, either the present
line index or the number of total lines is wrong here.

Since I do not have the time to compile the newest version of QScintilla
on windows and trace back this assertion, I hope that the experts for
this package know its origin.

Cheers,
Burkhard