[PyKDE] memleak with QMovie

Russell Valentine russ at coldstonelabs.org
Sun Sep 18 23:28:38 BST 2005

Phil Thompson said the following on 09/18/05 17:13:
> On Sunday 18 September 2005 10:11 pm, Russell Valentine wrote:
>

>>So if it isn't doing it on your system, I wonder what is different with
>>mine that causes this. It does it on two of my systems Debian and
>>Gentoo. Alright then, if it was just me sorry to bother you, I thought I
>>was onto something. If I ever figure out the reason for this I'll post
>>it in case anyone was curious.
>

> No, I'm saying that I don't think your test is working for me. Is the movie
> supposed to be played - as it does with the Qt movie example?
>
> Phil

No it isn't supposed to do anything (just a blank QMainWindow pops up no
QMovie in it or anything), it loads a QMovie object and doesn't do
anything with it. It seems the very fact of doing
"variable=QMovie(path_to_mng)" then causes there to be a memory leak for
me. I was attempting to make it as simple as possible so the memleak.py
doesn't do anything expect make a blank QMainWindow and set a variable
to a QMovie object.

Russell Valentine