[PyKDE] PyQt4 Snapshots Available

Phil Thompson phil at riverbankcomputing.co.uk
Sat Sep 17 17:17:22 BST 2005

PyQt4 snapshots are now available - see the bottom of the PyQt download page.
I've also added a link to the ChangeLog on the PyQt sidebar to make it easier
for people to monitor progress.

Note that these snapshots are useless at the moment - only the enums in the Qt
namespace in the QtCore module have been wrapped. At the moment I'm just
testing all the build system changes. I'll make announcements from time to
time as they become more useful.

At the moment only X11/GPL is available.

You will need the current SIP snapshot installed - which then means that you
need the current PyQt3 snapshot installed. However, this does mean that you
can have PyQt3 and PyQt4 installed in the same Python installation with the
same version of SIP.

Although the sip module is now independent of the version of Qt, the build
system isn't (yet). This means you must build SIP for Qt3 before building
PyQt3, and rebuild SIP for Qt4 before building PyQt4. Once things are built
then you can use them both at the same time.