[PyKDE] PyQT Threading on Windows?

Hoka "ME" Tichenci melkin at uci.edu
Thu Sep 1 05:47:20 BST 2005

I've searched around a bit and nothing has really seemed to help. Right now
i'm working on developing a GUI for a system that uses a threaded backend,
and calls into the threads work perfectly fine. However, whenever a
callback from the threaded application happens and a QT object gets
touched, the whole thing freezes. I'm using QT 3.3.3 with PyQT 3.13 on
Python 2.3, and with a little bit of research it seems like the symptoms
all correlate to SIP3 issues. On Linux using PyQT 3.13 with SIP 4
everything works beautifully, but on Windows it is quite ugly. Is there a
SIP4 release of PyQT for Windows around, or am I looking in the wrong
direction? Changing the threading code to use QThread is not an option
(although if there is some way of easily encapsulating calls that might be
a reasonable workaround). This problem in its entirety has given me quite a
headache, and any ideas/solutions/leads would be fantastic.

Thanks for your time,
-Hoka