[PyKDE] eric3 default font can't be changed!

S Brown sollyb.junk at cse.unsw.edu.au
Thu Oct 20 03:52:03 BST 2005

The usual way of changing the default font in eric3 doesn't seem to be
working.

I select

Preferences->Editor->Highlighting Style->Python->Default

and then change the font colour or font itself and nothing changes in the
editor.

Now the weird thing is that I *am* able to change any of the other syntax
elements... I can make Keywords appear in orange, or change the font of a
Comment Block. It's just the "Default" option which doesn't seem to work.

There's one little clue which may help identify exactly what's going
wrong. If I change the background colour of the default font then that
colour appears in the spaces *between* words. The words themselves don't
change font or background colour, but all the spaces around them are
recognised and have the new default background colour applied.

Any idea what's going on? It's as if the parser isn't recognising the text
as "Default", or else the font is being overridden.

I'm using Eric 3.6.2 and Qt 3.3.4. BTW, changing the qtconfig fonts
doesn't have any affect either.

Thanks for your help!

Cheers, Solly