[PyKDE] Re: QString in PyQt4 - Request for Comments

Sundance sundance at ierne.eu.org
Wed Oct 19 23:37:28 BST 2005

I heard Michael Thompson said:

> No, the goal should be to work away at making QString interacted with
> str/unicode more invisibly/naturally - where possible.

Yeah, I'd sort of second that.

The 'pythonic' way is pretty much duck typing, I think, in this sort of
situation. How difficult would it be to wrap QString in a class that
would also implement all that str (or unicode) does? Possibly by
wrapping QString methods, in fact, for performance. That way, you get
something that looks like a str, acts like a str, smells like a str,
and really is a QString under the hood. Grooviness.

That'd make me Happy(tm).

(And just so I know, how far up my butt have I stuck my head there?)

Ta ta,

-- S.