[PyKDE] eric3, qscintilla and code folding

Brad Ralph bralph at ralph.id.au
Wed Oct 12 06:44:48 BST 2005

Hello all,

I have one small problem that is continually driving me crazy.

When I create classes, I often want to fold all of the methods of the class
(if there are a lot of them, to make it easier to navigate.  No problem i
think ... just select 'toggle all folds' in the menu and then expand the
class fold.  but I'd be wrong.  It seems that if a fold is collapsed then the
toggle function does not look inside that block and since the class fold is
the first in the file 'toggle all folds' only colapses the class.  when I
open it again, all of the methods are still expanded.

I had a peek around the eric3 code, but all the magic seems to be done in
QScintilla.

My question therefore is:

Is it possible to toggle all of the code folds at the same time or is it a
'feature' of QScintilla and I just have to live with it the way it is?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Regards,
Brad Ralph