[PyKDE] Controlling korganizer from python

Dick Kniep dick at kniep.nl
Tue Oct 11 16:06:27 BST 2005

Hi list,

Thanks for the answers. However I get a little confused now. To narrow my
question down here comes some extra info.

1. The application we have written is a Python wxPython application
2. We use a PostgreSQL using psycopg and a heavily modified SQLDict.py
3. I want to be able to show the appointments made in korganiser in the
application in a wxPython screen.
4. An appointment is connected to a specific item in our application, which
means, that I have to be able to identify the appointment that is entered in
korganiser, and store the appointment-ID in our database.
5. If a user wants to enter an appointment, he/she chooses a menu item in a
screen in our application, next korganiser should fire up, the appointment
entered by the user, and appear in our application. which means that the ID
of the appointment should be given back to our application.

to implement webcal and korganiser connects to that, that's fine, if I should
use dcop that's fine too, however, I would prefer to use webcal, because then
I have more freedom in the use of a client. However, my experience with both
is minimal, so if you could give me some examples or products I should use, I
would REALLY appreciate that.

Cheers,
Dick