[PyKDE] DCOPExObj bug?

Danny Pansters danny at ricin.com
Wed Nov 30 23:41:29 GMT 2005

Hi,

I'm working on a PyKDE app and have been adding a dcop interface like such:

def __init__(self, obj, id):
	DCOPExObj.__init__(self, id)
	self.addMethod("void quit()", obj.slotQuit)

where obj is the mainwindow instance that has all the relevant methods (most
equal actions).

Using kdcop and the dcop CLI, it seems that although the methods are executed
alright, kdcop complains: "DCOP call failed. Application is still registered
with DCOP; I do not know why this call failed." And on the console:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/dcopexport.py", line 96, in
process
    dcop_add (s, result)
TypeError: argument 2 of dcop_add() has an invalid type

When trying with example_decopexport.py the same happens with the set method
(the gets work OK), e.g.

%dcop petshop-46787 "dead parrot" setParrotType "Big Bird"
call failed
%dcop petshop-46787 "dead parrot" getParrotType
Big Bird

I think dcopexport.py has a bug when a void or otherwise non-QString(List)
type is returned?

System: FreeBSD-6.0, KDE 3.4.3, PyKDE 20051013

Please CC me when replying.

Thanks,

Dan