[PyKDE] RE: First snapshot of eric3 3.9 development

Ramon Diaz-Uriarte rdiaz02 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 22:20:23 GMT 2005

Dear Detlev,

I downloaded the snapshot last night, and have been trying it out. It
installed without complaints in a Debian GNU/Linux system (mix of
testing and unstable).  Just a couple of early impressions:

- the shortcuts for Activate current editor, Activate Shell, etc, work great!!

- the shortcut for Show next tab and Show previous tab also work fine.

- and, sure enough, by using the "next split" and "previous split",  I
can switch, without using the mouse, between editing windows.

This is all very, very neat for those of us who are rodent-challenged
or rodent-haters :-).

However, if I do:
- use workspace for viewmanager.
- try to use Show next tab repeatedly.

I get:

File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/eric3/UI/UserInterface.py",
line 1794, in nextTab
    fwidget.nextTab()
RuntimeError: maximum recursion depth exceeded

And, occasionally, by persisting in this stupid behavior and resizing
windows I can get eric3 to crash (though not always).

Again, thinks for this nice piece of software.

Best,

R.

P.S. Is there any way, maybe through the use of macros, to select a
bunch of lines of python code and submit them (paste them) in the
shell? I think someone else asked this in the list recently.