[PyKDE] pyuic.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close

Jason Zwolak jzwolak at vt.edu
Sun Nov 20 02:55:40 GMT 2005

Okay... more information.  The last email I sent was only partially
correct.  When I was debugging I forgot to added "{" and "}" around one
of the one-line if statements, so my debugging messed up the code.

I get the error only when I use pyuic without the "-o" option so that
stdout is used.  In this case I get the window that says "pyuic.exe has
encountered a problem and needs to close..."

So I must use the "-o" option.

This is satisfactory for me.  Will you make a note of it in relavent
documentation such that future Windows developers will readily discover
this?

Thanks for your help.  You at Riverbank and the folks at Trolltech have
been very help the past couple months during my evaluation of your
products.  This gives me great confidence in making a purchase in the
near future (should I follow through with this project).  This incident
aside, your software has been of very high quality and a pleasure to use.

Jason