[PyKDE] PyQt4 Status Update

Sundance sundance at ierne.eu.org
Tue Nov 15 23:42:00 GMT 2005

I heard Phil Thompson said:

> I hope to have the remaining modules complete by the end of the year.
> This might depend on the release of Qt 4.1. pyuic and QScintilla may
> take a little longer.
>
> Testing so far is virtually non-existant.

Hello Phil,

Do you think it would be possible to make intermediate releases with
partial functionality? Like, by first implementing QMainWindow and a
small set of the most common widgets, and adding the others prerelease
after prerelease? That way, those of us waiting for PyQt4 to start new
projects could slowly get to work at your own rhythm, while already
providing you with the testing you need.

Does that make sense? Or am I talking out of my rear end for
organizational or technical reasons?

Thanks,

-- S.