[PyKDE] eric3 on FC4: open & save dialogues don't work :(

.: smilelover :. smilelover at centrum.cz
Thu Nov 10 10:04:24 GMT 2005

Hi guys,
I'm so happy that Eric3 finally has been included in the FC4 KDE repo. However...

I have these packs installed (I used only YUM, no compiling - all of them are orig. packs):

eric.i386				3.7.1-0.1.fc4.kde
PyQt.i386				3.15-0.1.fc4.kde
PyQt-devel.i386 		3.15-0.1.fc4.kde
PyQt-qscintilla.i386 	3.15-0.1.fc4.kde

and the problem is that whenever I try to invoke the OPEN dialogue I get the following error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/eric3/ViewManager/ViewManager.py", line 2013, in handleOpen
self.fileFiltersString, self.ui, None, None, filter)
RuntimeError: cannot pass None as argument 0 in this call

and when I want SAVE dialogue:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/eric3/ViewManager/ViewManager.py", line 2461, in saveCurrentEditor
self.saveEditorEd(aw)
File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/eric3/ViewManager/ViewManager.py", line 2450, in saveEditorEd
ok, newName = ed.saveFile()
File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/eric3/QScintilla/Editor.py", line 1448, in saveFile
self.trUtf8("Save File"), selectedFilter, 0)
RuntimeError: cannot pass None as argument 0 in this call

does anyone encountered a similar problem? I need to solve this 'cause I need to work on my thesis :(