[PyKDE] [Eric] How to use ipython ?

Nicolas Girard nicolas.girard at nerim.net
Mon May 30 18:16:21 BST 2005

Hi again,

I'd find it quite useful to be able to use ipython as the interpreter
appearing in the bottom of Eric's window, but couldn't achieve to use it.

What I tried was to go to the "Debugger -> Python" section in the settings,
then click the "Custom python interpreter" button, enter "/usr/bin/ipython"
in the text field below, and finally restart the IDE. As a result, I got a
blank region in the interpreter pane, so it seemed no interpreter was
launched.

Could you please tell me is there's a way of making ipython work inside Eric ?

Thanks in advance,
Nicolas