[PyKDE] PyQt Applet on Mac

Diez B. Roggisch deets at web.de
Sat May 28 12:44:15 BST 2005

Hi,
I'm pretty new to that Mac Os world - and have difficulties getting my
qt apps to work as applets. If in the MacPython ide a script is saved as
Applet that tries to import qt, it fails doing so. However erfic3 works.

Digging around I found that the sys.path is wrong: For whatevere reason,
I have one hierarchy of python framework paths starting from
/System/Library, one from /Library. The former one contains amongst
others qt, the latter one some other stuff. Now the problem seems to be
that for my applet

<applet>/Contents/MacOs/Python

is a binary file generated from the ide containing the system path.
Overwriting it with the one from my eric applet made things work, as
that contains the other hierarchy.

So the question boils down to: what is that Python file about, and how
do I alter it's generated contents.

I have to admit that all the (mac)python is somewhat confusing to an old
linux guy like me - in fact I even have a third lib dir, the usual
/usr/lib/python2.3/... where my self-compiled extensions like omniorb live.

Soooo - any advice on this? If it matters: I'm on Mac Os X 10.3.9, mac
python 2.3.5-1

Regards,

Diez