[PyKDE] Dumb question

Eron Lloyd eronlloyd at gmail.com
Sun May 1 14:48:51 BST 2005

Hi all,

I understand that in wrapping Qt, certain Python conventions must be
respected. However, in the interest in API parity, is there any reason that
objects such as QApplication and Q*Dialog *need* to have exec() renamed to
exec_loop()? I know there are serious issues if someone could somehow exploit
that to run arbitrary code, but as I see it the call must always be qualified
with the object anyhow, preventing naming conflict with the python keyword.
If it can't be renamed, would it be possible to stick with the Qt camel-hump
convention, as perhaps execLoop()?

Sorry if I seem nit-picky (which I certainly don't want to be).

Eron