[PyKDE] KColorButton crashes

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Tue Mar 8 16:49:34 GMT 2005

On Tuesday 08 March 2005 03:55, Diez B. Roggisch wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm a happy camper with debian's pyqt packages - versions are
>
> python-sip 4.1.1-1
> python-qt 3.13-4
> python-kde 3.11.3-3
>
> However, today I added my first KColorButton to my widget - and what can I
> say, it crashed with a segfault when clicked.
>
>  KHSSelector seems to work (at least it doesn't crash, didn't try to put it
> to extended use). Same applies to KGradientSelector,
>
> Interesting get things when I try to use the KColorCombo: As long as I'm
> only selecting one of the predefined colors, things are working. But the
> very moment I chose "Custom", the segfault appeared.
>
> Putting a KDatePicker on the widget makes it segfault immediatly.
>
> Any suggestions what might be wrong?

No.

You can test all of those with examples/uisampler.py. Those all work fine
here.

I'm using the latest snapshot, which is available at riverbankcomputing.co.uk,
but that shouldn't make much difference - most of the recent changes are
minor bug fixes. I'm also using the same sip and PyQt versions you are. I've
only tried it on KDE 3.3.0.

If you can provide a small sample program that demonstrates the problem I can
look into it further.

Jim