[PyKDE] PyKDE Snapshot 20050301 Released
jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Wed Mar 2 07:33:22 GMT 2005
I've sent off the latest PyKDE snapshot to Phil, so it should up at
http://riverbankcomputing.co.uk/download/snapshots/PyKDE fairly soon.
I'd appreciate it if people would download and test this snapshot -
particularly Mandrake users, as there are some Mandrake-specific fixes. I've
only tested this with KDE 3.3.0 and 3.3.2 and with sip 4.1.1, 4.2, and the
latest (2/26) sip and PyQt snapshots. Testing on older versions would also be
appreciated, although I'll get to that before the final release.
As far as I know, I've caught up on all of the bug-reports and feature
requests, some pending for 5 or 6 months.
There won't be an official release for a while. The next "official" release
will be PyKDE 4.0.0 and will include KDE 3.4 support (after KDE 3.4.0 is
There will be more snapshot releases as bug reports come in.
If you've reported a bug recently, please review the list to see if I fixed
it. If not, let me know.
The following changes are in the latest snapshot release:
1. kdepyuic now installs to the default bin directory as determined during sip
2. KHTMLPart is included in %ConvertToSubclassCode in khtmlview.sip
3. typedefs using KFileMetaInfo::Unit removed (no affect)
4. KProcessController::KProcessController () versioning corrected
5. Added KRecentDirs class in kfile module
6. Added distribution detection and %Feature for Mandrake/kcatalogue problem
7. Changed the type of pid_t from int to long; add support for
8. Enable KParts::URLArgs::metaData
9. %Feature (Mandrake only) kactioncollection.sip
More information about the PyQt