[PyKDE] Windows systray application

basse at welho.com basse at welho.com
Thu Jun 30 07:17:21 BST 2005

Rob Knapp kirjoitti viestissään (lähetysaika tiistai, 28. kesäkuuta 2005
17:26):

> AFAIK, QT doesn't currently have a class that allows this.  You will
> need to use the win32api call SHELL_NOTIFYICON to create the icon, and
> then I used the winEvent (I think, it's been about 2 years) to capture
> the incoming WM_ messages.

thanks for the reply!
I tried but I just don't have enough experience on doing things like this. the
API thing is where I get confused. and I don't really know how I should send
or receive these calls..

but then I managed to find pywin32 (windows extensions for python) example on
doing this exact thing. so now I have it working, but thru pywin32.  I
would've wanted to just use QT for this, but atleast it works. now I have
icon, and right-click menu even on the tray, and click there opens up my QT
interface.

thanks again, maybe in future it will be easier to do straight in QT too..

(and just maybe, after staring 2 weeks at the source of this pywin32 example,
I could try to convert it to QT functions.. dont know. heh.)

.b