[PyKDE] dcop call always returns same value - UPDATE

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.nl
Tue Jun 28 23:20:47 BST 2005

On Tuesday 28 June 2005 22:31, Jim Bublitz wrote:
> On Monday 27 June 2005 06:07, Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> > # Following _always_ returns True :(
> > is_enabled = kdesktop.KScreensaverIface.isEnabled()[0]
> >
> > Any ideas what's going wrong here?
>
> The call returns a tuple, and the [0] element just indicates if the
> call succeeded or not - since it's succeeding, it returns True every
> time. The [1] element should be the result data, however that's
> returning 'None' at the moment, so the call still isn't working
> correctly.
>
> I'm looking at it and will let you know.
>
> UPDATE: handling for the 'bool' type wasn't implemented in PyKDE. I
> have a snapshot just about ready to go and will add the type before
> posting it. Should be available in a day or two.

Thanks, I'll give it a go and report back.
--
sebas

  http://www.kde.nl     |   GPG Key ID: 9119 0EF9
Some people have told me they don't think a fat penguin really embodies
the grace of Linux, which just tells me they have never seen an angry
penguin charging at them in excess of 100mph. They'd be a lot more
careful about what they say if they had. - Linus Torvalds