[PyKDE] overloading events with qt designer and pyqt

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.nl
Tue Jun 28 19:26:07 BST 2005

On Tuesday 28 June 2005 20:12, Frank Stüss wrote:
> being new to pyqt and qt designer, i don't know how to overload eg.
> the paintEvent of a QFrame. While being no problem doing it 'by hand'
> is there a possibility to enter the glue code within qt designer?

I'm not sure if that's really what you want, but if you'd like to use
qt-designer and hand-coded additions at the same time, you can create
your UI / widgets using qt-designer and then subclassing that UI in
another file and overload the (paint)event. That way you can still
change the UI without having to re-merge your changes everytime you
recompile the .ui files.

> sweating greets,

:-)
--
sebas

  http://vizZzion.org   |   GPG Key ID: 9119 0EF9
It is necessary for the welfare of society that genius should be
privileged to utter sedition, to blaspheme, to outrage good taste, to
corrupt the youthful mind, and generally to scandalize one's uncles. -
George Bernard Shaw