[PyKDE] Problems with Eric 3.7

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Wed Jun 22 17:00:46 BST 2005

Am Mittwoch, 22. Juni 2005 00:36 schrieb Antoni Aloy:
> El Lunes, 20 de Junio de 2005 19:56, Detlev Offenbach escrigué:
> > This usually means, that there is an older library somewhere on your disk
> > or the PyQt library it picks up was not compiled with QScintilla support.
> > You can test it yourself by opening a Python shell and entering "import
> > qtext".
>
> I have build again everything and now it installs without probles. I have
> make what you sugessted and the version was 1.1 instead of the snapshoot I
> build adn installed and I don't really understand why :(
>
> Well, now is installed!
>
> I have run eric3 with
> $ e3nokde=1 eric3
>
> but the problem I have with the dialogs persists. For example on trying to
> use the SaveAs function I got:
>
> ViewManager.py line 2013 error in handleOpen
> self.fileFilterString,self.ui, None, None, filter)
> RuntimeError: cannot pas None as argument 4 in this call
>
> I have compiled the latest smapshoots or qt, and qscintilla. I'm working
> with gcc 4 and qt-3.3
>
> Any ideas?

This could be due to a change Phil introduced in the snapshots. As far as I
remember, the snapshots don't accept a None, where a QString is expected. I
haven't had time to test eric3 against the snapshots yet. You should install
the official releases of sip, PyQt and QScintilla.

Detlev
--
Detlev Offenbach
detlev at die-offenbachs.de