[PyKDE] Re: [Pyqt-mac-list] new eric just as crashy?

Kevin Walzer sw at wordtech-software.com
Tue Jun 21 18:03:31 BST 2005

Well, so much for that theory. I was able to get PyQt-Mac built against
Python 2.4.1, but Eric crashes just as often there. Segfaults when
trying to run a script and also when it's trying to extract a method. I
didn't test further, but it's pretty clear that it's fragile on the Mac.

Well, one can do PyQt development without Eric3 (just as one can do
wxPython development without Spe & wxGlade). Emacs + Terminal + Qt
Designer works for me. But Eric3 has a lot of nice features, especially
searching within files, that I like. I wish I were able to do more to
troubleshoot/diagnose the problem. If anyone has any
suggestions/ideas/patches, I will be happy to test them.

Cheers,

Kevin Walzer, PhD
WordTech Software--Open Source Applications and Packages for OS X
http://www.wordtech-software.com
http://www.kevin-walzer.com
http://www.smallbizmac.com.
mailto:sw at wordtech-software.com