[PyKDE] First wish for Ericl 3.8

Marco Bizzarri m.bizzarri at icube.it
Tue Jun 7 10:15:21 BST 2005

Hi all.

As I stated many times, we're a small company using Eric extensively to
develop Zope products.

As project becomes more and more complex, I've started to appreciate the
possibility to generate various schema in order to visualize the
structure of our projects.

However, the current state is a little unsatisfactory for us: the
algorithm used to generate the class schema is not very well suited, and
the result can only be exported as a PNG.

What I would like to do is to be able to export information in xmi, and
then to import them from other tools, like umbrello, where the schema
could be more properly manipulated.

I do have a good knowledge of python, a little of xml and almost none of
xmi; however, I could try to contribute to the development of this
feature. Where should I start? is there any already in program for this?

Regards
Marco