[PyKDE] Re: Re: QString vs PyString

Matej Cepl cepl at surfbest.net
Sat Jun 4 01:37:25 BST 2005

James Emerton wrote:
> "There is no QString, all strings are translated to the Python native
> string type."

The URL I gave before mentions one reason why not to do it, which I like
(and I am not a programmer, so I may be totally off) -- QString has more
methods and is otherwise more convenient in some respects than Python's
Unicode string. Plus you have mutability, which I have not used yet, but it
may be interesting.

Matej

--
Matej Cepl, http://www.ceplovi.cz/matej

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its
victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live
under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The
robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at
some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own
good will torment us without end, for they do so with the
approval of their consciences.
    -- C. S. Lewis