[PyKDE] KPart problem

Roberto Alsina ralsina at kde.org
Mon Jul 25 04:12:55 BST 2005

>   factory = kdecore.KLibLoader.self().factory( "libkonsolepart" );
>   p=factory.create( win)
>
> with
>
>   p = kparts.createReadWritePart("libkonsolepart", win, "konsole",
>                                  "KParts::Part")
>
> The syntax for this convenience function is
>
>   createReadWritePart(lib, parent, name, className, args)
>
> and I think I've chosen the correct library and class names for your
> example.

Well, that works fine and I get a terminal, but I run into another problem.

To use the TerminalInterface-specific functionality, you need a
TerminalInterface like this:

TerminalInterface* t = static_cast<TerminalInterface*>( p->qt_cast(
"TerminalInterface" ) );

And  I am, of course, getting a kparts.KParts.ReadWritePart

Is there a way to recast it from the python side of things, or is it a
problem on the PyKDE side?

 `9_ 9  )   `-. (    ).`-._.`)  ralsina at kde.org
 (_Y_.)' ._   ) `._`.  " -.-'   KDE Developer (MFCH)
(l)-'' ((i).' ((!.'             Buenos Aires - Argentina
Imminentizing the eschaton since 1971.